POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Time Dependent SE in 2D. (URL) : Time Dependent SE in 2D. (URL) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 05:35:15 EDT (-0400)
  Time Dependent SE in 2D. (URL)
From: Simen Kvaal
Date: 5 Aug 2001 07:07:34
Message: <3b6d28f6$1@news.povray.org>
Here's a simulation of a wave-packet in two dimensions scattered from a
potential resembling a wall with a slit, very much like the famous
diffraction-experiments seen with electron beams. This is kind of a test
rendering; initial conditions are like kind of arbitrary. I am working on a
visualization project at the University of Oslo, and this is some of the
work I am doing there.

I used the Leapfrog-Algorithm in C++ to simuate the wave-function on a
200x200-grid of doubles. The output is hundreds of PPM-files used as
height-fields.

Comments are welcome! What can be done to perhaps make it even more
illustrating? As for now, I am quite happy with the texture of the wave, but
as I said, comments/suggestions are welcome! :)

regards,
Simen Kvaal.

Simen Kvaal, Student at the faculty of
mathematics and natural sciences, University
of Oslo, Norway.
e-mail: sim### [at] studentmatnatuiono
web: http://www.uio.no/~simenkv/